How do you think about Japan? -foreign studnets feel-

We conduct an internship as a student NPO "AIESEC". As we want to spread how Japan has their original cultures correctly, we made this blog and would tell you how internship takers feel about Japan.

Oct 29, 2009

Hello everyone! and nice to meet you here.

My name is Ko, also one of AIESEC team members.
This is my first writing so I'm introducing myself simply.

I’m called kaku-san (格さん). Because this character 格 is read by many ways ‘kaku’, ‘itaru’and ‘ko’. So you can call me kaku-san.
I’m a second year student at Kyoto University to study chemistry.
I’ m not from Kyoto but Wakayama, where is to the south of Kyoto.
It has one of the most beautiful beach called ‘shirara-hama’. So many people visit there every summer to swimming or diving.


Today as the main point I want ask some questions about your country.
Firstly, do you often see many Japanese things in your countries? Please pick up some of them. As for me, the other day I found a company called NIPPO on the internet. It seems to a bridge between Japanese and polish, serving a translation of some European languages especially Polish. And yesterday I went you an Indian curry restaurant near my university. We often visit it because we can eat delicious Indian dishes which native Indians cook.
Secondly, what effect do they make on your countries? If they affect something badly, we have to know as members of Japan Team. When my team members except me went to Malaysia in this summer, they learned that some Japanese movies didn’t fit their culture and religion and not affect them very well.
Lastly, what of Japan do you like most and do you want to lean more in Japan?We’ll help you as good as possible.

Thank you for reading to my awkward article and sorry
p.s.
To Monika
At your birthday we’ll have a party after your finishing work. Please make the time free.
To Manish
Nice to meet you. We’re looking forward the day when you come here to Japan.

4 Comments:

At October 30, 2009 at 3:39 PM , Anonymous manish said...

hellow kaku san:-),
nice to meet you.aiesec in kyoto is full of diverse people.every belongs to different interesting cities of japan.i would like to know more about wakayama:-) coz i love beaches and islands.
about your first question i would like to say that yes the industrial relation between india and japan are very strong as i have mentioned in my earlier post.
ahh i am so glad that you liked indian food:-) i hope you didnt find it very spicy.
about your second question.japan has very deep positive influence on indian work cultures in companies.japanese management is quite different and very good from indian work management style.there are many companies here which are a indian japanese merger:-)so we guys have great time learning skills from both countries.on the same side japan also enjoys indian I.T skills.do you know there are many many computer engineers working in japan.shinsei banks I.T department works is completely undertaken by a indian company named INFOSYS.
oh btw did i tell you i once did internship in NISSAN design center(japanese) in my hometown in baroda which is working with indian company named LARSEN & TOUBRO.:-)and it was fantastic learning experience.
kaku san thanks alot for such a wonderful gesture and i am looking forward to meet you all soon.
have a great weekend,
thanks
manish

 
At November 2, 2009 at 8:22 PM , Blogger Monika said...

Hello 格さん!

I'm sorry for late reply!
Your questions aren't easy :)
I think that in Poland we don't have a lot of Japanese things, but it's increasing nowadays. For example, couple of years ago it was a problem to get a Japanese dictionary while now it's very easy to find some. Many people are interested in manga and anime and very often because of it they start to learn Japanese! (It wasn't my reason to start learning it) :) Also lately sushi restaurants become very popular. When I moved to Krakow 4 years ago it was just one restaurant like that and now there's plenty of it.
I think we also have some business contacts with Japan. We've got some branches of Japanese companies, like Toyota, Mitsubishi, Canon and so on. But I'm not sure if there's some negative effect in Poland. I think that Japan has good opinion in my country (however I might not be objective), but I didn't hear anything bad. I think that most of people dosn't know much about Japan - it's always associated with geisha, samurai, sakura, rice etc.
And the answer for last questions is too hard for me :) I can't say what I like the most about Japan because I like everything so far! Well, maybe I like people the most :)

See you tomorrow,
モニカ

 
At November 5, 2009 at 2:07 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

thank you both for you reply
We get to know about your countries. I'm pleased to hear that japanese culture is gradually spreading over the world with good effect. please tell us more if we have an oppotunity.
I didnt know about your internship in India, Manish. I imagine you had a really valuable eperiense there. but you will get a much more one in japan, i hope.

and happy birthday Monika. that party was quite good, wasn't it? you looked very happy to get two Polish friends at your classes.

see you soon
Ko

 
At November 7, 2009 at 12:02 AM , Blogger Monika said...

Yes Ko, party was wonderful! Thank you. I looked happy not only because I met two Polish friends but also baceuse I met so many Japanese friends! :)

greetings :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home